Ruth & Norman Rales Jewish Family Services
JFS BRINGS HELP, HOPE AND HUMANITY DURING COVID
• Since shuttering our office for in-person counseling and mental health visits, JFS immediately pivoted all our counseling to teletherapy
• Services being provided in this manner include:
ᵒ Individual Counseling
ᵒ Support Groups
ᵒ Psychiatry Services
ᵒ Psychological Testing
ᵒ JFS is one of the only non-profits providing counseling services on a sliding scale so that no one is turned away due to inability to pay
• 60% of people seeking services require some form of financial assistance
• Recognizing the huge increase in families facing financial struggles and job loss due to COVID, JFS recently secured funding from our Jewish Federation to provide a limited number of counseling services for those affected by COVID at no charge or copay (100% subsidized)
• In a typical year, JFS provides over 10,000 hours of mental health services; in 2021, as a result of COVID, we anticipate that number to rise exponentially
• JFS has several support groups running online for topics such as bereavement, caregiving, anxiety, parenting, etc.
• The Welcome Home Program for adults living with persistent mental illness is also being provided online and JFS made sure any participants who needed a tablet to continue to participate from home continued to do so
• JFS accepts most major insurances, Medicare and private-pay clients
• JFS has provided more than $280,000 in COVID-19-related financial assistance, primarily to young families and individuals under the age of 65 who never asked for help before
• Increasing by 41% the amount of food for insecure older adults and Holocaust Survivors, who now receive weekly deliveries of prepared meals from the Adele Loeb and Les Nackman Meals on Wheels Program
• Absorbing 20 new households in the Jacobson Family Food Pantry
• We have had tremendous participation in our online workshops and support groups provided by our Career & Employment Services and the JFS Outreach teams:
ᵒ Over 600 candidates participated in the many online webinars provided by Career & Employment Services
ᵒ JFS Community Outreach has provided over 200 virtual support groups; support group topics included bereavement, caregiving, coping with COVID, mindfulness, and even virtual summer camp
ᵒ JFS Special Needs Department hosted over 70 support groups specifically geared for families with special needs
Ruth & Norman Rales Jewish Family Services offers help, hope and humanity through our comprehensive range of programs and services which support people of all ages and beliefs.
With locations in Boca Raton and Delray Beach, JFS programs and services include food and financial assistance, senior services, counseling and mental health services and many volunteer opportunities.
Funding is provided by private and corporate support, grants, special events and individuals who support our mission and bring hope to thousands in need.
For information in Russian, please contact Avital on 561.852.3350.
Для получения информации на русском языке, пожалуйста, свяжитесь
с Avital по телефону 5618523350.