TRANSITION TO SUCCESS PROGRAMS
FAQs ABOUT CAREER & EMPLOYMENT SERVICE PROGRAMS
1. WHAT IS THE COST?
- We are proud to provide this program to the community free of charge thanks to the generous support of the Rales Foundation.
2. HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Call (561) 852-5057 to reserve your spot in the next scheduled orientation.
3. WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM JFS CAREER & EMPLOYMENT SERVICES?
- You can expect support in making informed decisions regarding your professional goals and assistance in developing your resume, cover letter, and online presence.
4. WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
- Ruth & Norman Rales Jewish Family Services
Career & Employment Services
6413 Congress Avenue, Suite 225, Boca Raton, FL 33487
5. WHAT ARE THE MISCONCEPTIONS OF YOUR PROGRAM?
- JFS provides services to people of all ages and beliefs. You do not have to be Jewish to have access to our program. Job candidates should know that JFS is not a staffing agency and gaining employment will ultimately be up to the individual.
6. HOW LONG WILL THIS PROGRAM TAKE?
- Candidates will develop their personal action plan and move at their own pace. The amount of time it takes a candidate to become job ready will be directly related to how much time the candidate invests in the career process.
7. HOW CAN INDIVIDUAL JOB COACHING HELP ME?
- Individual job coaching will help candidates gain insight into any career roadblocks, which may be preventing the candidate from reaching their full potential. Candidates will gain the confidence they need to network and get out of their comfort zone. Candidates will learn to embrace new ideas and focus on strengths.
8. WHAT ARE SUCCESS GROUPS?
- Success groups are composed of fellow job candidates who are going through similar experiences. Groups will meet regularly for open discussion. Groups will be facilitated by a Career Strategist.
9. HOW LONG ARE JFS WORKSHOPS?
- Most workshops are 2 hours and are part of a multi-day series. See our calendar of events for details.
10. WHEN CAN I HAVE AN INDIVIDUAL APPOINTMENT?
- All individual appointments are scheduled after you complete the initial workshop series.