Jewish Education Loan Fund (JELF)
Ruth & Norman Rales Jewish Family Services is proud to work in partnership with JELF to help local Jewish students reach their academic goals. Higher education costs are rising and JELF is meeting the need through providing 0% interest loans to Jewish students.
All qualifying applicants must be:
- A permanent resident of FL, GA, SC, NC, and VA (excluding metro DC) (they can, however, attend any U.S. accredited school)
- Enrolled full-time in a program leading to a degree or certificate
- In good academic standing
- A U.S. citizen, or have lawful immigration status
- Able to provide a designated co-signer that lives in the U.S.
- Planning to accept federal subsidized and unsubsidized loans (FAFSA application required)
JELF loans are intentionally designed to help cover costs associated with the educational and living expenses that other financial aid often does not cover, such as travel, rent, food, and books. JELF’s 0% interest loans help save borrowers thousands of dollars in high interest-bearing debt each year.
The JELF application is open each year from January-April for students seeking assistance for the next full academic year and again in August-September for students that need assistance for spring and/or summer semesters.
To apply, or for more information please visit: www.jelf.org