Home / About Us


Question: What type of services do you offer?

Answer: We offer individual and family counseling as well as Psychological Testing and Psychiatric Services. In addition we provide assistance to senior citizens through our CareLink Program, Meals on Wheels and Senior Companions to help with shopping, visits to doctors, and companionship. We also offer assistance to individuals and families in need through our Financial Assistance programs and our Food Pantry.

Question: Do you have to be Jewish to be seen here?

Answer: No. We are a non-sectarian agency. Anyone is eligible for any of our programs.

Question: Do you take health insurance for counseling?

Answer: We accept most major insurances and have a sliding fee scale for those who don’t.

Question: How often would I see my therapist?

Answer: Sessions are held on a weekly basis for a 50 minute hour.

Question: I am a senior who can no longer drive. How can you help me?

Answer: We can take your name and have a social worker call you. He will explain how our Kibbutz and Ride program works. You may also be able to take advantage of our Companion Care program for help with errands and visits to doctors.

Question: I need assistance looking for employment. Can you help me write a resume and do you have an idea of where I can find a job?

Answer: Yes! Ruth & Norman Rales Jewish Family Services is pleased to better serve our community by now offering Career and Employment Services.

Question: I am a senior citizen and I need legal assistance. Can you tell me if you have these services free of charge?

Answer: We can give you the names of several Elder Law Attorneys who may be able to help you with this issue.

Question: I am losing my apartment/home etc. I am about to be homeless. Can you help me find a place to live?

Answer: Although we do not maintain any shelters I can have a social worker call you and he/she may be able to give you some direction with this problem. In addition I can connect you with our Financial Assistance department for help.

Question: My lights are about to be shut off OR I need rental assistance. Can you help me?

Answer: I can connect you with our Financial Assistance department where they will discuss your options and how they may be able to help you.

Question: My mom needs help in the house. Do you provide home health aides?

Answer: We do not provide home health aides but we do have a Senior Companion Program that you may be able to use.

Question: Do you offer women’s groups?

Answer: There are many support groups you can take advantage of at the Shirley & Barton Weisman Delray Community Center, as well as social groups such as the Feldman Family Diamond Club and the Feldman Family Adventure Club.

Question: My parents live in Boca and I live up North. They want to stay in their home but need some assistance. Can you help?

Answer: We have a program called CareLink. Trained licensed clinical social workers can evaluate your parents and set up the necessary services that they may require. We will have our director of senior services contact you.

Question: My daughter/son is having problems in school and needs testing/counseling, do you offer those services?

Answer: We have psychological testing services conducted by psychologists. We also have both individual and family therapy.

Question: What types of activities do you have for seniors?

Answer: Our Shirley & Barton Weisman Delray Community Center, located at 7091 W. Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach, is a very active senior center providing classes, movies, games, lectures, dances and so much more. The activities available are published on a monthly calendar. In addition at the center we have a snack bar where our members sit and socialize throughout the day. It’s a beautiful building and we suggest you stop in for a tour!

Question: Do you have a list of Home Care Agencies that you can send me?

Answer: Yes, by email or regular mail.

Question: Do you have a list of facilities?

Answer: Yes, but we recommend that you use this only as a guide and visit a number of facilities before mailing a decision.

In addition, our CareLink Program can also help you in this process.

Question: What resources are available to help me pay for home care?

Answer: The Elder Helpline for anyone 60 years or over and V.A. benefits for veterans.

Question: What transportation resources are available?

Answer: The JFS Kibbitz & Ride Program and Rales Rides, the Volen Center, and Palm Tran Connection.

Question: Where can I get home delivery meals?

Answer: We have Meals On Wheels, a meal delivery program.

Copyright ©2019 Ruth & Norman Rales JFS, 501(c)(3) Nonprofit EIN: 65-1115689 | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Donor Privacy Policy | Site Map