JFS at Home Open for Business
Aging in place, the familiarity and security of living in one’s own home, offers much comfort, which is why most clients want to remain residing at home as long as possible. When a loved one is challenged with health issues, additional assistance and care may be required and this is why JFS at Home will be committed to providing exceptional care and offer affordable options in home health care to our clients. While it’s often emotionally difficult to make decisions about how to best care for a loved one, there comes a time when the next step must be taken. JFS at Home provides families a sense of comfort knowing that their loved ones are cared for at home safely.
Danielle Hartman, JFS President and CEO stated, “Florida’s senior population is expected to double to 9.7M by the year 2030. With nearly 5M residents aged 60 or older, Florida currently ranks first in the nation in the percentage of seniors in this age bracket. Palm Beach County ranks second in the State as the most populous county with residents aged 60 or older. As a result, we are about to experience a 'Senior Tsunami' with many seniors needing homecare to continue aging in place. JFS already offers several senior services to our community, homecare really is the only area of care that we did not provide and is a natural progression of our care for seniors.”
“One of the goals of the JFS Board of Directors Strategic Plan is to plan for the future needs of seniors in our community. As a result, the JFS Board approved moving forward with the creation of a separate yet affiliated homecare agency to be known as JFS at Home. As a member of the JFS Board and the President of the JFS at Home Board, I am very excited to be a part of the launch of this new endeavor,” said David Schimel. “A lot of time and effort has been exerted to ensure we have the best management team, staff and services in place. JFS at Home has been created to provide quality care to seniors at the same caliber that JFS clients have been accustomed to over the past 35 years.”
Stacy Williams, RN, JFS at Home Administrator stated, “JFS at Home is built on trust and reliability. Our respect for each individual client will ensure that we maintain the highest level of integrity to provide quality care to our clients and maintain a great relationship with our staff. “
JFS at Home offers unskilled services that include:
• Personal Care: Baths, showers, dressing, grooming, oral hygiene, skin care, and toileting.
• Mobility: Range of motion exercises, ambulation, transfers, assistance with cane/walker use.
• Meal Preparation: Preparation of meals according to dietary needs and assistance with feeding.
• Assistance with Self-administration of Medication: Ensuring that clients take medications at prescribed time.
• Light Housekeeping: Changing bed linen, washing dishes, vacuuming, mopping floors, dusting furniture, emptying trash, etc.
• Socialization: Accompanying and encouraging clients to participate in recreational activities.
• Transportation: Errands, doctor’s appointments, grocery shopping, etc.
• Respite Care: Relief for Family Caregivers.
JFS at Home will be expanding their team by adding client focused and professionally experienced Companions, Home Health Aides and Certified Nursing Assistants to care for and assist your loved ones in the aging process.
For additional information visit www.jfshome.org or contact Stacy Williams, RN, Administrator, at 561.852.3116 or email@example.com.